Sunday, February 23, 2020

You Are NOT the Mother

Dear Reader,
How are you today? Any good plans for the weekend?
Walked the puppy outside under the watchful eye of a fluffed up mocking bird. It's chilly and crisp and bright with a clear blue sky--all in all, just a day that I'm appreciating.
I was just reading an article about the latest in flu strain-fashion (man, there seem to be so many) and my heart is going out to all of those infected and their loved ones, especially those currently in mourning.
Reader, I hope you stay healthy and happy.
Our family's been doing the hospital (not contagious, knock on wood) dance and so have some of my friends, which does lead me to the question--is there a sale on pregnancy tests?
I had to take one before a doctor at urgent care would give me an antibiotic for the cold. (Good news, no immaculate conception here.) I thought it was--well, honestly, a little insulting, but who am I to thwart new protocol?
But then a friend of mine went and got a hysterectomy. She's had to go back to the ER multiple times in the month since and first thing they do? Pregnancy test. Multiple visits. Multiple tests. Pre and post op. Even the day after the surgery. They obviously know she's smuggling a baby in there somewhere and they're going to make her admit it. It makes me wonder--was there a sale? Did they overestimate the latest baby boom and are now trying to get rid of the tests to help clear up storage space? At this point, I'm little curious if they're even worried about gender. Maybe it's an Oprah-esque-- "You get a pregnancy test! And you get a pregnancy test! And you get a pregnancy test!" type of moment. Men, women, children--everyone gets one!
It seems I have developed a writing partner. He's my fuzzy little buddy, stretching out across my lap and putting little white hairs on my clothes and keyboard. It's a wonder this little sucker isn't bald. But apparently, I don't ever have to do this writing thing alone. He's got my lap. :)
I think I'll go do some plotting on an idea I've got and maybe follow this little guy's example and catch some z's.
I hope this finds you well. Stay safe!
Love,
Echo

No comments:

Post a Comment